On milk-producing farms, udder hygiene is an essential issue to ensure the maximum quality of milk, to preserve health of livestock preventing the spread of disease and ensure consumers’ health with fully safe products.
To achieve the high standards of hygiene, handling of animals and all other operations that make up the milking routines have to be performed observing a strict protocol. Proquimia provides this sector with the necessary solutions to meet the hygienic requirements offering a full range of products and equipments, customized assessment and service according to the usual cleaning routines on livestock farms.
In order to obtain high yields and productivity through a proper and efficient milking, cleaning and drying of teats before milking is essential.
Proquimia offers a full range of products to be applied by the method of individual cloth, by spraying or dipping, also suitable for post-dipping and based on the following active principles:
- Iodine and povidone-iodine
- Lactic acid
- Chlorine dioxide and lactic acid
After the milking process, the teats must be sealed in order to be protected between milkings. Thus the potential risk of infection is minimized. Proquimia offers a full range of liquid and viscous products to be applied by spraying, dipping or foam, using manual or automatic system.
- Products based on chlorine dioxide and lactic acid
- Range of sealants that combine the fast action of Chlorine dioxide with the residual antibacterial effect of lactic acid.
- two-component systems which can easily and quickly be mixed.
- Easy application control: Teats are visibly marked in green and are easily identifiable.
- Products based on lactic acid
- Sealant highly disinfectant thanks to the fast action and broad spectrum of activity produced by the lactic acid in combination with other additives which enhance its action.
- Products with citronella formulation and repellent for flies and other flying insects.
- Easy application control: Teats are visibly marked in bright pink and are easily identifiable.
- Products based on iodine and providone-iodine
- Range of sealants highly antiseptic due to iodine’s fast action and broad spectrum of activity.
- The iodophor complex keeps up the efficiency of iodine and helps to achieve an antiseptic product free of toxicity and irritation.
- Easy application control: Teats are visibly marked in reddish-brown and are easily identifiable.